Friday, 14 February 2014

Plan of Action

After reviewing my draft feedback, I have decided to make the following changes:

Cover:


  • On my cover I will add a new image as the current one is not strong enough and the quality is not very high. The new image will be an improved version of the existing one, so will look similar.
  • I have chosen not to change the layout of the artist's name and the issue number, barcode, price and date greatly because they are bold unusual, making the magazine more memorable. I have not found any other magazines that present their issue number, date, barcode and price this way, which is what I wanted as this means my magazine will be unique, conforming to the 'indie' genre by breaking away from classic magazine conventions. The large sized barcode, issue number, date and price are easy for the reader to see so they will not have to search the page for them, and the large price text as appose to a small sized price text suggests that the magazine has nothing to hide, giving it a more honest feel.
  • I will edit the text on the page so that they are all aligned and the text on the bottom all fits into and fills a rectangle shape. 


Contents:

  • My contents page contained errors with the page numbering so I will correct this by renumbering them.
  • The image used is weak so I will replace this with a better one. It will still be of my artist. I have chosen to do this as it informs the reader what the main feature of the issue is and the title of the page and number of the page can be displayed near the image. As the image on the contents page is of the same artist featured on the front cover, this offers consistency throughout my magazine. Only including one image on the contents page conforms with the simple, minimalist style I have adopted. 
  • I will collect further feedback to add other improvements to this page as I would say it is my weakest. 


Double page spread:

  • On this page I will again add better images of my artist.
  • I will add the correct page number and magazine branding to the page.
  • I will remove or relocate the title as it would be caught in the binding of the magazine, so it could not easily be read and would look unprofessional. 
  • I will add another paragraph to my text, providing methods of following my artist's work etc.
  • I will make the contrast in colours used for the interviewer and artist's speech greater so it is clear who is talking.
  • I may add more details to the page that make it look like a real magazine, without making it 'just another music magazine' and without adding the usual marketing/self advertising ploys. I'm considering adding a 'feature' tag in one of the corners. 

No comments:

Post a Comment