Friday, 11 April 2014

Evaluation Question 6 draft

EVALUATION ACTIVITY 6
What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?



Computers: I used computers for most of my music magazine coursework; constructing my magazine, but also storing my research and planning. I looked at other resources such as magazines for inspiration, but aside from that, all of my work was created using a computer. The school computers were available most of the time, allowing me to access many resources for free.
 Camera- COOLPIX P510: This is my personal camera that I decided to use as I already know how to use it well and I know that the quality of the pictures is high. I chose to use this over the cameras available for use at school as I am unfamiliar with these and I would be limited to the backgrounds I could use, when I needed specific backgrounds for my photos to fit my genre. I also used filters and flash to recreate effects used in photos typical of my genre. 

Internet: The internet was essential for my research and planning. I used Google Chrome to conduct my research and planning, collecting images and information so that my magazine would be realistic as I could mimic the styles of similar magazines I found online. I researched photographers, graphic designers and distribution institutions on the internet as well. 


Blogger: This allowed me to display my work for anyone with access to the program to see. It has helped me to document all of my coursework, displaying each stage in the order it occurs. Before starting my media course, I had never used Blogger before, but I soon learnt how to use it due to how straightforward it is. It is easy to track all of my work and features such as 'tags' allow specific items to be found without trawling through my whole blog. 


Photoshop: Photoshop is the editing software I used to create my cover, contents and double page spread. I have used Photoshop in the past, but my skills were very limited. I have learned a great deal about how to use the program, including how to create text boxes to the size required and how to edit the brightness, contrast etc. of pictures. Familiarising myself with Photoshop allowed me to improve the overall quality of my work.


Word: I used Microsoft Word to type out my article so that any spelling mistakes could be corrected before I pasted it into my text boxes on Photoshop. Word allowed me to clearly see the whole of my text so I could easily see what needed editing before my article was transferred to Photoshop. 


Paint: I used Microsoft Paint to printscreen a lot of my work so that it could be presented in different formats. I use this software frequently so using it for my coursework was quick and easy.



Animoto: I used Animoto for the first time when I made my 25 word pitch. It is a useful piece of software available online which presentations can be created with. It presented images, words and sound effectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment